Poor visibility can be attributed to so many forklift injuries and damage to equipment, and it is not hard to see why. If you don’t believe , see these:
- In the US, on an average, approximately 1 individual is killed every 3 days in a forklift accident.
- In the UK, 5 workers suffer debilitating and life-changing injuries every workday following forklift accidents.
Operating a forklift that has poor visibility can result in lifting the wrong load or other dangerous results. From overturned forklifts and workers falling from them, to workers pinned, crushed, or struck, by forklifts, accidents and injuries are varied. Dislocations, complex fractures, and deglovings to amputations and even death, the associated risks of operating forklift trucks are great. Most of these accidents occur mainly due to lack of proper visibility. But by using forklift camera systems, such accidents and the associated risks can be reduced significantly.
If you’re thinking of installing forklift cameras but are in a dilemma. This post explains the different benefits of installing a camera in your forklift.
How Can Vision Techniques of Forklift Camera Helps:
- Installing a forklift camera is an important step in improving operator safety and cargo transportation. Whether using a wired or a wireless model, the camera makes it easier to lift high loads and protect cargo
- When operating heavy equipment like forklifts, operators often can’t see the loads they’re moving. Even the mirrors don’t necessarily alert them about obstacles on their rear. Unquestionably, hand signals communicated among workmen often fail to give the operators a clear idea. On the contrary, with a forklift camera system installed, operators get access to real-time, high quality visual information. Wonder why does it matter? Because it helps them make the smartest decision possible at a moment’s notice.
- With the camera, operators are more easily able to pick up high loads.
- With a forklift camera system installed, a forklift operator can identify and evade possible safety issues.
- With wireless forklift cameras installed, the vision of an operator doesn’t get obscured.
- Another benefit of wireless forklift camera system becomes prominent in storage and warehousing operations
- Installation of forklift camera systems helps in better posture of forklift operators. It eliminates their need of bending their necks in order to look up or twist to look outside of the forklift truck to get a proper view of the load. Wondering what the real story is? Pain and fatigue caused by such bending and twisting often trigger accidents involving forklift operators. By minimizing such pain and fatigue, forklift cameras significantly reduce operators’ injuries and accidents.
It is also important for operators to drive slowly while looking at the camera since one’s eyes are diverted away from the front of the vehicle. Forklift cameras are the best and life saver tool nowadays to stop the accidents and injuries. If you are looking for such cameras for your forklift to save forklift operator’s life than visit us once and book your forklift camera. Source: http://www.sharpeagle.tv