How Ex Proof CCTV Cameras Help Organise a Potentially Explosion Proof Environment
In almost all modern workplaces, video monitoring and surveillance is ubiquitous. In industries like mining, oil and gas, nuclear power, and energy, a traditional CCTV camera won’t be enough to handle the job. In such industries, since human lives and assets get exposed constantly to a wide variety of hazardous threats, advanced technology is required to monitor and address the inherent challenges.
Explosion proof CCTV cameras are the ideal choice for increasing occupational safety in these risk-prone work environments. From explosion proof digital cameras and PTZ cameras to Explosion proof PTZ cameras with night view and more, you will find various varieties available in the market. If you still wonder how you can use these ex proof cameras or how they would help increase safety, here are some benefits these cameras bring to the table.
- Reliable and sturdy: Explosion proof cameras come equipped with an extremely sturdy frame. Even in hazardous work environments and extreme weather conditions, they can let you consistently monitor your operations.
- Easy integration for 24×7 monitoring: You can easily integrate your ex proof digital cameras with any computer or mobile device. This way, you can constantly monitor ongoing activities at the plant or rig, no matter where you are. Noticing any potential hazards and nullifying it, or recording the reason of explosion, these video feeds can help lower risk levels.
- Superior image quality: Why does this matter? Imagine having a camera installed that sends grainy or blurred images, or nothing at all when it’s pitch dark. And that’s exactly what Explosion proof CCTV cameras can help you avoid. These cameras have features like excellent color fidelity and image quality (even at high frame rates), autofocus, motorized optical zoom, and exceptional light sensitivity. Thus, they can cover great distances, and provide detailed images or wide overviews, along with capturing images in low light. Explosion proof cameras with night view can let you monitor your workplace even when it’s pitch dark.
- Increased safety features: Many modern explosion proof video cameras for ultimate safety have integrated intelligent features like Cross Line Detection, Video Motion Detection, or Active Tampering Alarm. Using such features and video analytics, these cameras are capable of analyzing inputs constantly to notice an event, and respond to it automatically with specific actions like sending alarm notifications.
- Data safety: Explosion proof video cameras work effectively even when an explosion or fire occurs. Since they have DVR units for recording, these cameras ensure that you have footage of the event, which can help in finding the exact cause of the accident later. Such footage may even help in training, detailed analysis, or for resolving legal matters.
- Remote accessibility: Once you have integrated the explosion proof housing CCTV camera with your surveillance system, you can use any authorized computer or mobile device to access its real-time footage from anywhere, and at any time. This will facilitate remote monitoring and remote maintenance of a hazardous area.
The health and safety of employees working in hazardous environments is under a huge threat, as the growing number of accidents prove. Relying on the revolutionary technology and exceptional results of Explosion proof cameras is the need of the hour as it can help improve safety of both assets and human lives.